Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Firsts

This has been a busy week for Kaelyn. For the last month, Kaelyn has been "crawling" but I use that term loosely. Crawling meant getting from point A to point B using the path of most resistance. She would take one or two crawling motions, then sit up, then roll down on to her tummy, then barrel roll, then sit back up, then get into a downward facing dog position, then take a few more crawls. But all of a sudden, it just clicked that you can continue the arm/leg motion and get somewhere a lot faster. So, now we have a full blown crawler, and a much bigger headache. She has been so good at pulling herself up and cruising along furniture that I was afraid she would skip crawling all together.

We also had our first spaghetti dinner this week. Kaelyn has been eating 3 meals a day now (plus 4 milk feedings), and it is getting to be difficult to feed her. Not only do I have to prepare something for her and chop it up, but we have been forced to go from 3 or 4 baths per week to 7. Spaghetti ended up in her hair, in her eyebrows, in between her fingers, and all over her highchair. I wonder if you can power-wash your child?





No comments: