Monday, August 9, 2010

Tales from Target



I still like my chair


Just Shopping




Taking apart Mom's tower



I really like this chair!



Bubbles at the Children's Museum



This is what all the other kids were doing



What am I supposed to do with these?




I learned a few things while at Target this morning.

1. When you are standing at one of life's crossroads, it can sometimes be a very difficult decision. Let me set the scene...Kaelyn is in the cart screaming and trying to rip the buckle off of her chest that is strapping her to the shopping cart. (and let me point out that we are only on aisle 2 and I can't undo the buckle, because she will stand up and climb over the side of the cart.) I am left with two choices. On the one hand, I can hold my ground and let her scream, allowing the wave of critical stares to befall me, but maybe teach a lesson that you don't always get what you want. On the other hand, I can reach up and take one of the food items off the shelf, rip it open, and let Kaelyn dive in, knowing that it will give me about 10 minutes of limited-interruption shopping time, but furthering in her mind that she runs the show. I learned that I am weak, and I do not run the show.

2. I also made a purchase that I can not decide if I should keep or return. On the one hand, it seems so practical, and on the other, so ridiculous. But yes, I do own a "harness buddy" which equates to an animal backpack with a leash. The leash being for Kaelyn.


3. Don't take a tired baby anywhere. It's my fault, I know, but I thought I could just squeeze in one little errand even though I knew Kaelyn was exhausted. She spent the first part of yesterday in Downtown San Diego at the Children's Museum, and the second half of the day in Riverside visiting with her Great-Grandparents. It ended up being futile anyway, because I forgot half the things I went to Target for in the first place. Oh well.


4. Target has tight aisles that are perfect for children to hide. Let's just say that she is getting fast, and being so small, she can weave in and out of displays very efficiently.

1 comment:

grandma dd said...

I love it!!! I sure miss my girl!!! can't wait to get back on schedule--whatever that is going to be!!! :-)