
I am not sure when all of you who may read this are going to become privy to this blog, but I figured I might as well start the journal and let you play catch up afterward!
I am sure you know by now that Charley and I found out recently that we are expecting, and despite my mother's eternal optimism that we would be having twin boys, it has been confirmed that there is only one baby...sorry to disappoint. The estimated due date is June 12th, 2009.
The first few weeks went pretty smoothly, and with the crazy way they date pregnancies these days, you don't even find out you are pregnant until you are already one month along. I was lucky enough to have a very early ultrasound (at 6 weeks) which is the picture I included in this post. (You are basically looking at the top of the gestational sac, where the baby is implanted) True, it doesn't look like much, in fact it didn't really look like anything, except that you could see one side of the baby moving rhythmically which was the first sounds of a heartbeat...at 6 weeks! At this point in time, the baby was only the size of a tic-tac.
Then, the seventh week hit. Whoever came up with the title "morning sickness" has a very sad sense of humor, because that title would indicate that you would feel sick in the first few hours of the day, and then somewhat normal. Not so. I have been blessed with a constant wave of nausea that pretty much lasts 22-23 hours a day. It makes sleeping extremely difficult, and that doesn't even begin to cover the extreme food aversions and cravings that I am having. Everyone should just prepare for some record birth weight because this baby is surviving off of loaves of sourdough bread and French fries. I hear that this subsides in the 13th week. Great, only 5 more weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment