
Charley and I went to see the Dr. again on Tuesday, just for a routine check, but it was exciting because it was the first time he was able to go.
I don't know whether I was mesmerized by the heartbeat or not really paying attention, but I only saw one leg on the baby. Charley swears the other one was there, but for now, I am affectionately referring to this baby as "Peggy." The baby is about one inch long at this point and weighs about 4 grams, which is about the weight of 4 paper clips. It vaguely resembles one of those large gummy bears, as the head is about half the size of the body at this point. We were able to see the little gummy bear moving around in there, and just like its mother, it has a very fast heartbeat, although his is a little more like 180 beats a minute!
The nausea has turned into massive, full-scale heart burn. And just because I knew that I would not do anything the "normal" way, my morning sickness is exactly the opposite. It creeps in around 4 in the afternoon, and stays with me until at least midnight, which for the past few days I have been able to combat only by taking Benadryl to knock me out. I hear that these wonderful effects should subside in the next few weeks, but the nurse was so kind to inform me that some women suffer like this their entire pregnancy... hears to hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment