Although I was not thoroughly convinced that what I was feeling up until this point was the baby moving, there is no mistaking it now. The little bugger likes to kick! (or punch?). Right now she is hanging out really low on my right side and practicing her Kung-Fu moves.
Even better, however, is that Charley felt is too. I was hanging out on the couch watching TV with Charley today, and I could feel her kicking me, so I told him to put his hand on my stomach, and sure enough, after about a minute, she kicked him too. I am not sure if the sensation is quite the same for him, but it is totally an indescribable feeling.
On a side note, we attempted to start our baby registry today at Babies R Us. What an experience. Registering for a wedding was easy because nothing mattered other than whether you liked something or not. 3 varieties of wine glasses in sets of 20 were not exactly essential, not to mention all of the other items you register for in anticipation of the formal dinner parties you will be hosting. (Don't feel bad if you haven't been invited to one yet, because one has still yet to occur).
But with baby stuff, you have to not only seriously consider what you need, but take into account all sorts of other factors such as safety ratings, brands, colors, styles, weight capacities, sizing, etc. After an hour and a half, we barely made it out of the "infant essentials" aisles. Do you need the baby monitor with or without a screen? With chargeable batteries? With cordless capabilities? With more than one receiver? The Sony or the Fisher Price? High definition or not? Do you need one that blocks voices or excess background noise? Is water-resistant necessary? How many channels should it have? Not to mention should it include a movement alarm? Yikes. I think we managed to come up with 30 items so far, but needless to say, this is going to be an ongoing and multiple trip experience. I do have to admit, however, that walking around any store armed with a scanner is pretty awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Delighted that little Beany knows how to kick. She will be a wonderful athlete because her great great grandfather (my father, Charles Watts) was a great runner at UC Berkeley.
Just be careful not to kick your mama or papa with too much enthusiasm.
Much love, Great Grandmama Pat
yay baby kicks! it's the weirdest feeling and so hard to explain, huh? here's the weird thing - you'll miss it when she's on the outside. enjoy it now! =)
Post a Comment