Well we had an interesting week last week! On Monday, I was unable to wake Kaelyn up for a period of about 5 1/2 hours. She was sleeping so soundly and when I would try to wake her up, she would just open her eyes for a brief second, roll them back in her head and go back to sleep. I didn't think anything of it until she hit the 5 hour mark. To make a long story short, we took her to urgent care, where she had to have a bunch of tests run and blood work done. Those were some rough minutes for the Jacob family!
After a follow up with our pediatrician, it seems that Kaelyn was just having a little sleeping spell or possibly a little dehydration. She was perfectly fine the next day and showed no signs of anything serious.
She had her first few days at the babysitter's house and it was wonderful! Kaelyn actually gave me a dirty look when I went to pick her up. She is with a wonderful woman from our school who is only watching Kaelyn and is an expert at raising babies, as she has helped out numerous families and teachers from our school. We are really lucky to have her!
She is doing pretty well at holding her head on her own, following people with her eyes, and other cute little baby things. She likes story time (as evidenced by the picture.) Today's book was "Crazy Hair Day" which I thought was a little rude of her father to read to her considering her lack of hair. Charley also put her high chair together even though she won't be needing it for at least a couple more months. But it is nice to have somewhere to put her while we are eating. Kaelyn is going to her first wedding tomorrow, so I will make sure to post pictures of her in her wedding attire.
1 comment:
How frightening for you! I'm so glad she's okay. Trips to ER are dreadful. Love the photos, and I'm glad day care is working out so well. Hugs!
Post a Comment