Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easter Eggs and Brilliant Ideas

I have some new pictures to share, but I feel as though they need a bit of explanation, or narration, as they are viewed, so here is how the story goes:

As per our tradition on the 23rd of every month, I went to retrieve the camera to take a progression picture of Kaelyn on the day she turns another month old. This used to be a pretty simple affair, as Kaelyn could not really participate, so the first few months were of Kaelyn posed in a chair. Around month 7, when she began to do silly things, we got the clever idea to start mixing it up a bit. So we did some in her toys, some of her standing in the crib, etc.

Then came the 10th month. As my kind husband was getting the Easter decorations out of the garage, he thought that maybe it would be a good idea to take this month's picture of Kaelyn with some of the Easter decor. It is also important to note that he delivered this pearl of wisdom as he was on his way out the door for work, and this being my day off, maybe I could tackle it.

So, I half-heartedly schlepped some of the bunnies outside, put them in the grass, set Kaelyn down, and threw some Easter eggs on her. Perfect. Mission accomplished. All I need to do is turn on the camera and snap a quick picture. How hard could that be?



Attempt #1... Kaelyn is eating a cracker while I get the decorations set up, so all I need to do is remove the cracker from her hand, and snap a picture.




Attempt #2...Without the cracker to distract her, Kaelyn finds something else of interest. No problem, reset sign and commence taking picture.



Attempt #3... The vultures have smelled the cracker crumbs I threw into the grass, and while Kaelyn is still distracted with the sign, have begun to circle.



Attempt #4: Both vultures are circling, and Kaelyn has found the eggs. All I need to do is remove said egg from Kaelyn's mouth, and kick the dogs out of the way.


Attempt #5... one dog is distracted, the other is convinced Kaelyn is eating something of interest. Maybe I can just zoom in on Kaelyn.


Attempt #6: That might be the trick, now all I need to do is get her attention off the egg and onto me. Commence calling her name, singing, making load noises, clapping...nothing is getting her to look at me.



Attempt #7: Ok, I am pretty sure she is legitimetly trying to eat this plastic egg, and now has it 3/4 in her mouth. (Horrible flashes of her choking to death on a plastic easter egg.) I scream her name just in time to snap the camera one more time:



Close enough. Not perfect, but happy 10 months.

1 comment:

fziska said...

i love it! the progression of pictures makes it so much more real