Wednesday, March 17, 2010







Should have laid off the coffee before I ate


LoOk Mom, No HAndS!


Ok, so these pictures got posted backward, but they are cute nonetheless.

Kaelyn went to the Dr. yesterday for her 9 month checkup, and the good news was... No Shots! Apparently they only use that visit to make up any shots they may have missed, but since she was current, she got out of there needle free. She is in the 52nd percentile for height, and the 36th for weight, so I guess those thunder thighs aren't really as thunderous as we thought.

Her second tooth sprouted through, and she started to get a little runny nose and fever, which we thought was tooth related, but it turns out, she is legitimately sick this time. Runny nose, fever, smoker's cough, she's got it all. The poor thing is hanging in there, but she is pretty miserable.

If you haven't seen Kaelyn in awhile, she is now able to:

- cough, clap, and wave on command.
-get into a sitting position when she is on the floor
- crawl one step

I feel like I need to explain this last one. She gets the concept of crawling, but can't seem to get her arms and legs to move in sync. She gets up on all fours, and then either moves her arms or her legs in a crawling motion until she is flat again. I guess its only a matter of time before she is mobile. Sigh.

We all went to Coronado over the weekend, and these are some of the pictures of Kaelyn and Gracie's first trip to the beach. Gracie seemed to like the sand more than Kaelyn, but they both had a good time. We did find out that Kaelyn has reached the milestone of "objects when a toy is taken away," only she seems to do it with food. We gave her a dinner roll at lunch, and would break out in hysterics if I tried to remove it from her death grip.

Until next time....

No comments: