It's a tradition to get our picture taken in front of this beautiful church...
now Kaelyn is in the picture!
Destroying sand castles
We survived our first major vacation with Kaelyn, and she did wonderful! No problems on the plane, and we found out she loves the water as much as her dad. Even better, we figured out that a few hours in the sun and water is the perfect equation for a long nap from her as well!
I think Kaelyn is still on island time, however. Which was somewhat of a problem the first day we were in Kauai and she woke up at 4:00 am ready to play. But we have been home for a few days, and she has been getting up at 8:30! I could get used to this!
Besides getting faster and more adventurous, Kaelyn has also learned how to climb. Anything that is about 2 feet from the ground or lower is fair game, and we are still waiting for a major fall. She did walk right off the end of the couch the other day, but I caught her, so that doesn't count. She is also climbing into things, which is very amusing for me, because my mom has a picture of me climbing into the shelves of my changing table when I was little, and now Kaelyn is doing the exact same thing. She climbed into a side table in Hawaii, but I wasn't fast enough with the camera to get a good picture.
I think Kaelyn is still on island time, however. Which was somewhat of a problem the first day we were in Kauai and she woke up at 4:00 am ready to play. But we have been home for a few days, and she has been getting up at 8:30! I could get used to this!
Besides getting faster and more adventurous, Kaelyn has also learned how to climb. Anything that is about 2 feet from the ground or lower is fair game, and we are still waiting for a major fall. She did walk right off the end of the couch the other day, but I caught her, so that doesn't count. She is also climbing into things, which is very amusing for me, because my mom has a picture of me climbing into the shelves of my changing table when I was little, and now Kaelyn is doing the exact same thing. She climbed into a side table in Hawaii, but I wasn't fast enough with the camera to get a good picture.
1 comment:
i'm so sad i couldn't go to hawaii with you guys! must have been so fun to watch her see all these new things! love all the pictures, i'm sure there's about a million of kaelyn if everyone combines all their pictures (grandma, liane, my mom, you guys). can't want to see them all and i'm really glad she did so well :-)
Post a Comment