Hello week 12!
I have a smallish issue that I would like to complain about this week. For anyone who plans on having children in the future, do not, I repeat, DO NOT read the books about "what to expect." The only outcome that could possibly result from this is either 1) you feel NOT normal or 2) It scares you Let me give you a few examples...
I read this one this afternoon, and I quote:
"By week 12, you may not have gained any weight yet..."
What??? Are they kidding? How about 9 pounds?
Here's some more stellar advice....
"Pregnant woman may have cravings for non-food substances such as rocks, laundry soap, and clay. Women who are experiencing this should talk to their doctors..."
Are these people for real? Rest assured, if I ever feel like putting a bar of soap or some rocks in my mouth, I will speak with my doctor first.
I also appreciate the...
"early pregnancy symptoms, such as morning sickness, cravings, and headaches, should have just about disappeared by the 12th week."
Really? Then perhaps you can explain to my husband why we had to go to the store for salt and vinegar potato chips. Not just any brand, mind you, but the purple bag from the dirty potato chip company. Oh, and I am writing this while dry-heaving.
I hope this didn't sound angry, I just think the books should be a little more realistic. I could some up a 500 page book in one sentence...
No two pregnancies are the same, so don't go reading books that tell you how you should and should not feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Once upon a time I was pregnant at Christmastime, and discovered I felt incredibly au courant or fashionable or with it to know that I, just like Mary, was going to have a baby. Much love, Greatgrandma Pat
Post a Comment