Do you remember the good old days? The days where you could leave Kaelyn on the floor or contained somewhere? The days where you picked up the house and it stayed that way for more than 3 and 1/2 minutes? The days where you only needed a bath every 3 days? Neither do I. Those days are long gone.
In the past week or two, Kaelyn has gone from walking with assistance, to taking a few steps, to taking about 10 steps, to walking. And for some reason, along with the walking came the path of destruction. Hurricane Kaelyn. She knows how to open cabinets, including the one that used to house a ceramic pitcher which has since been shattered, she knows how to unravel all of the toilet paper on a roll and then shred it, and don't tell her father, but I caught her drinking handfuls of water from the dog bowl while I was making dinner. I can't say that life is boring anymore.
We went to Nordstrom today to buy her first official pair of shoes, but to my dismay, Kaelyn has tiny feet, and the "walker" shoes don't come in as small of a size as she needs. Three stores later, I realized I might have to endure the stares of passerby shoppers a little longer when they see my daughter walking around stores with no shoes on. We tried a pair of "Robeez," which are nothing more than a little elastic and some leather, and I can only describe it as the scene from Birdcage when the housekeeper is asked to put on his shoes. This might not make sense to everyone, but is hilarious to those who remember the movie.
I found out something new last night. You really need to be selective when choosing children's books. Dad was reading to Kaelyn and from the bedroom I heard the following story:
"Oh no, Max! You spent our last dollar," said Ruby. "How are we going to pay for the bus ride home?" "Max reached into his OH SH*T!!!"
I had to wonder what kind of book Daddy was reading to Kaelyn, but then I realized he added that last little part when Kaelyn ripped the book from his hand and paper-cut him in the face.
Here is one minute of Kaelyn's busy day, and one minute I just couldn't help but post. I promise she is not drunk in the first video, and in the second video, you can witness Kaelyn's dramatic flare...apparently she already does not like the word "no."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i love that you laugh when your baby cries. =)
Post a Comment